Filing and Motion Fees as Security for Costs
No civil action or proceeding shall be accepted by the clerk for filing unless the party or parties filing the action shall have first deposit a sum to secure the payment of costs except as otherwise provided by law. Each child constitutes a separate filing. Therefore, parties will be charged a filing fee for each child. If the filing party is indigent, the party may file a poverty affidavit in lieu of a cash deposit. The affidavit must clearly state the reason for the party’s inability to prepay costs and is subject to review at any stage of the proceeding.
Advance deposits shall be as follows:
- All new filings - $105.00
- Motions to Determine Custody or visitation - $120.00
- All other post-dispositional Motions - $25.00 a motion
- Notice of Appeals - $40.00
- Court of Appeals filing fee - $175.00
- Photo copies - $0.05 per page
- Certified copies - $1.00
- Application to seal A record - $00
- Application to expunge A record - $50.00
In cases with multiple parties, the clerk may require the party requesting service to advance an amount to the clerk to be sufficient to cover costs.